Live in south of Brittany, France
50 years old, married, three children.
Manager, Consultant & Senior Software Engineer
Senior software developer, with 25 years of experience in web development
and 15 years in Mozilla technologies. Studies, specifications, developments,
deployments, communication with customers, team management are my daily tasks.
Aeras of Expertise
- Development of web infrastructure
- Administration of Linux servers
- Use open source software for many years...
- Since February 2022
Manager of the SAAS hosting at 3liz
- Management of a team (developers, sys. admin.)
- Management of the activity
- Customer support
- Lead tech on the Development of server infrastructure and SAAS tools
- Full remote job
- May 2018 - February 2022
Consultant and development manager at 3Liz
I'm working at 3liz,
a software editor about GIS tools (Geographics Information Systems).
- Development of Lizmap, open-source GIS Web application
- Development of server infrastructure for internal
tools and for the SAAS product with Lizmap
- Development of business modules for Lizmap, for some customers
- Mid-time job until 2020. Full remote job
- From June 2010 to March 2020
Co-owner of a company, InnoPhi
We provide various services for customers around web developments
and software based on Mozilla technologies.
- Consulting and training
- Audit on web and XUL applications (code quality, security...)
- Development of Web Applications
- Development of open-source software: SlimerJS
- Development of software based on Mozilla technologies, and
development of addons for Firefox and Thunderbird.
Our customers are big companies like EDF, Europcar, as well as
- From October 2009 to July 2014
Teacher at the university of Evry (near Paris)
Few days per year, I teached on Mozilla technologies to students
preparing a master : courses were about XUL add-ons, HTML5, Web
Apps for Firefox OS, and also Git...
- From February 2009 to May 2010
Senior Software Engineer at Zoomorama
Design and development of ZoomCreator, an XML Wysiwyg editing tool,
to edit "zoomable" documents for the web, and using Mozilla
technologies (XUL, XulRunner...).
- From June 2004 to February 2009
Senior Software Engineer at Disruptive Innovations
Software development using the Mozilla platform.
was a member of W3C.
- My main project: Etna, a wysiwyg XML Editor, an
open source software for Rice University (Houston, Texas). It is
built on top of Gecko, with changes on the internal HTML editor
of Gecko. Development of a real-time RelaxNG validator. Development
of the user interface.
- Contributed to the development of BlueGriffon, a
wysiwyg HTML Editor, the successor of Nvu: build configuration,
few patches on Gecko...
- Worked on miscellaneous projects for customers, mainly extensions for Firefox.
- Contributions on the Mozilla project : bug reports, development
of patchs etc..
- Consulting and training for customers about Mozilla technologies.
- From October 1999 to June 2004
Software Engineer at Aston
Aston was a services company in computer science (It doesn't
- I created various web application and web sites:
studying needs of the customers, conception, programming,
installing and configuring servers.
- I made audit and expert's report on web
applications, with criterias such as code quality,
performance, security, maintenance...
- I provided training to customers and
engineers of Aston, on web technologies like PHP and ASP.
- I contributed to Copix, an internal open source PHP
framework created in 2001.
- October 1996 to october 1998
Analyst programmer, alternately with my studies (special contract
with the university). I worked on programs made in COBOL (IBM ES 9000
- MIAGE (master's degree in computer science), alternately with my job at UAP.
Université Paris XI (at Orsay).
- DUT informatique (Computer science degree), specialization in system programming and networks,
Université Paris XI (at Orsay).
- French : mother tongue.
- English : read and write well, medium speaking.
I began to develop in 1986, and worked not only on many personnal projects,
but also on some public projects. Here are my activities these last years.
- Personal projects
- Jelix, a PHP Framework (since 2006)
a scriptable web browser based on Firefox (2012-2020)
- Contributions on the Mozilla project (2003-2016)
- Founder of the french web site xulfr.org,
created in october 2003, and founder of the Xulfr association,
created in january 2007 and ceased on 2013.
Activities: tech-evangelism, documentation and french translations
of some tutorials, online help for french developers (forums, IRC), conferences...
- Mozilla code contributor, during my spare time or during
my working time for the needs of my professionnal projects. Some of these
contributions are improvements on the XUL template engine,
support of Sqlite in XUL templates, improvements on the XML and
the XHTML serializer.
- In 2004-2008, I gave conferences about the Mozilla Plateform (XUL...)
during some open-source software events in France like Libr'east,
JDLL, Solutions Linux...
- I was a member of the association Mozilla-Europe (dissolved in 2012).
I help on Mozilla booth during events like Fosdem, Solutions Linux etc...
- Since 2011, I am one of the admin system of the web server of the french community
of Mozilla (mozfr.org).
- Web standards "evangelism"
- Co-founder with Tristan Nitot and 9 others people,
of Openweb, a web site created in 2003
dedicated to web standards, with tutorials and articles.
I gave conferences about web standards, during some events like
Paris-Web. I published also on my blog, news about
web standard, articles on HTML5, CSS3...
- Other projects
- See some other projects,
and Jelix organization on Github.
- W3C Web standards: HTML 5, CSS 3, XML, DOM, Web
components, SVG... Frontend development with Webpack, NPM,
- Mainly GNU/Linux (Debian, Proxmox). MacOSX and Windows.
Virtualization: Docker, LXC, Vagrant...
- PostGreSql, MySQL, Redis,
- System administration
- Apache, Nginx, PHP-FPM, RabbitMq, Grafana, Monit, OpenSSH, DNS..
- Git, Gitlab, Ansible
- In the past...
- I used many languages, technologies and tools in the past. Some of
these are Mozilla technologies (XUL, XBl, XPCom C++, ES2016+), Mercurial,
MongoDb, CouchDb, RelaxNG, Jenkins, Subversion, PHP 3/4/5, JAVA/JSP,
MS SQL Server, Oracle, CVS, ASP VBscript,
Win32 programming with Borland C++, XWindows programming, Asm HP48..