Live near Paris,
44 years old, maried, three children.
Consultant & Senior Software Engineer
Senior software developer, with 20 years of experience in web development and
15 years in Mozilla technologies. Studies, specifications, developments,
deployments, communication with his customers, are his daily tasks.
Aeras of Expertise
- W3C web standards: HTML, XHTML, CSS, XML..
- Web developments with PHP
- Configuration of Linux servers
- Use open source software for many years..
- Since June 2010
Co-owner of a company, InnoPhi
We provide services for customers: audit, project support, development,
system configuration and training. We work with various
technologies: Web standards, Mozilla technologies, PHP, Python.
With Mozilla technologies, I worked on extensions for Thunderbird and Firefox,
I worked on custom browsers and email clients based on these software.
With other technologies, I made some web applications, I
configured some web infrastructure with Linux servers, etc.
Our customers are big companies like EDF, Europcar, as well as
- From October 2009 to July 2014
Teacher at the university of Evry (near Paris)
In association with Mozilla Europe (the "COMETE project"), few days
per year, I teached on Mozilla technologies to students preparing a
master. In 2009, 2010 and 2011, courses were about XUL add-ons: how
to make an add-on, what is XUL etc.
From 2012 to 2014, I teached on HTML5 and on Web Apps for Firefox OS.
- From February 2009 to May 2010
Senior Software Engineer at Zoomorama
With an other colleague, I created a ZML/CSS wysiwyg editor, ZoomCreator2,
by using Mozilla technologies (XUL, XulRunner...) and Flash. ZML was
a specific XML format for zoomable documents containing images.
A browser, a Flash application, implementing XML, DOM, CSS,
allowed to navigate and zoom into a ZML document.
ZoomCreator2 offered the possibility to publish zoomable documents
on the hosting platform provided by Zoomorama.
- From June 2004 to February 2009
Senior Software Engineer at Disruptive Innovations
Software development using the Mozilla platform.
Disruptive Innovations is a member of W3C.
- From October 1999 to June 2004
Software Engineer at Aston
Aston was a services company in computer science (It doesn't exist anymore).
- I created various web application and web sites: studying needs
of the customers, conception, programming, installing and configuring servers.
- I made audit and expert's report on web applications, with criterias such as
code quality, performance, security, maintenance...
- I provided training to customers and engineers of Aston, on web technologies
like PHP and ASP.
- I contributed to Copix, an internal open source PHP framework created in 2001.
- October 1996 to october 1998
Analyst programmer, alternately with my studies (special contract with the university).
I worked on programs in COBOL (IBM ES 9000 mainframe).
- MIAGE (master's degree in computer science), alternately with my job at UAP.
Université Paris XI (at Orsay).
- DUT informatique (Computer science degree), specialization in system programming and networks,
Université Paris XI (at Orsay).
- Unfinished studies on electronics engineering and industrial computer science.
- Bac C (Mathematics and Physics Baccalaureate)
- French : mother tongue.
- English : read and write well, medium speaking.
I began to develop in 1986, and worked not only on many personnal projects, but also on some public projects.
Here are my activities these last years.
- Development of SlimerJS
- SlimerJS is a scriptable
browser, a XUL application.
I started this project in december 2012. Its goal is to provide a tool
like PhantomJS and it allows to do functional tests, page automaton,
network monitoring, screen capture etc.
- Contributions on the Mozilla project
- Mozilla code contributor, during my spare time or during
my working time for the needs of my professionnal projects. Some of these
contributions are for example, improvements on the XUL template engine,
support of Sqlite in XUL templates, improvements on the XML and
the XHTML serializer.
- Founder of the french web site xulfr.org,
created in october 2003, and founder of the Xulfr association,
created in january 2007 and ceased on 2013.
Activities: tech-evangelism, documentation and french translations
of some tutorials, online help for french developers (forums, IRC), conferences...
- In 2004-2008, I gave conferences about the Mozilla Plateform (XUL...)
during some open-source software events in France like Libr'east,
JDLL, Solutions Linux...
- I was a member of the association Mozilla-Europe (dissolved in 2012).
I help on Mozilla booth during events like Fosdem, Solutions Linux etc...
- Since 2012, I am one of the admin system of the web server of the french community
of Mozilla (mozfr.org, frenchmozilla.org, xulfr.org...).
- Web standards "evangelism"
- Co-founder with Tristan Nitot and 9 others people,
of Openweb, a web site created in 2003
dedicated to web standards, with tutorials and articles.
I gave conferences about web standards, during some events like
Paris-Web. I published also on my blog, news about
web standard, articles on HTML5, CSS3...
- Jelix, a PHP Framework
- Since January 2006, I develop Jelix,
a PHP framework I created. During its first years, it was used by many web sites
(mostly french web sites). One of them was the biggest blog platform in Europe.
- Other activities
- Swimming, Photography, Sailing, Travels
- W3C Web standards: HTML 5, XHTML, CSS 3, XML, DOM, Web components, SVG, RDF...
- Frontend development with jQuery, Backbone, Grunt, BabelJS, NPM...
- C/C++, PHP 5/7, Bash, Python
- Mainly GNU/Linux (Debian/Ubuntu). MacOSX and Windows.
- Virtualization: LXC, Vagrant, Docker, OpenVZ...
- Mercurial, Git
- Apache, NGINX, RabbitMQ, Resque, Puppet, Ansible...
- In the past...
- I used many languages, technologies and tools in the past. Some of
these are MongoDb, RelaxNG, JAVA/JSP, MS SQL Server, Oracle, CVS, ASP VBscript,
Win32 programming with Borland C++, XWindows programming, Asm HP48..